Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We had a lovely Thanksgiving.  We hope you all did too.  Saturday evening we had four other missionary couples here for a big Thanksgiving dinner.  The only problem is that they didn't eat enough.  We have leftovers!  I was all excited because getting the turkey out of the freezer gave me some breathing room.  Well, guess what?  It is all filled up again.  (But there are many more problems in life than a full freezer!  So I won't complain.)

Sunday, Jerry had to talk in another ward, so we went to 8 o'clock church.  Afterwards, we got to "hangout" with Rebekah and kids.  It is fun seeing them and familiar surroundings.  After our dinner of...yep! turkey!, we decided to decorate for Christmas.  That took a whole hour or two.  We have a lot less decorating, and decorations, here.  But I think our tree is cute!  We were given a tree and it was all decorated, but I wanted to make it ours.  Besides, all of the lights did't work.  So we took it apart and redid it.  I've gotten a few ornaments here in Hawaii, at the bookstore and the swap meet.  But we also made some using keychains.  Here is a picture of our cute little tree.



Here are a couple more pictures of decorations we inherited.  (And the total of our decorating.)  We hope to make a few more decorations and get another set or two of lights.



This had big red apples on it.  I know apples are a Christmas thing, (but so are oranges, and you don't see whole oranges on wreaths) but I am not a big fan of them.  So off they came.


We also went down to the Point.  We have been having strong trade winds from the east and also eastern swells.  So I keep getting the warnings on my phone about high surf.  We like to go and watch the waves.  Therefore, so do you.  I keep taking pictures and videos of the water and waves coming in.  I think it is so beautiful!







You can hear...and see...the strong wind.

And you may be tired of our toilet paper escapades, but it gives me a chuckle every day.  Trust me, you don't see all of the configurations it seems to get itself into!  This morning, it was a challenge finding the beginning.



I'm off to work!  I hope you have the loveliest of days!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love your tree, and so does Easton. And when I showed him the pictures of the beach and said that this was where Grandma and Papa live now he said "No, that is where we go sky diving." I thought you would love that, Mom! ;-)

Adam Perkins said...

I am late in responding, but I have loved reading this.